You are eligible to apply for $100,000 to $2,000,000 (in multiples of $10,000) of ASCE Group 20-Year Level Term Life Insurance for both you and your lawful spouse if:
- You're an ASCE member in good standing
- You and your spouse (if proposed for insurance) are under age 55
- You and your spouse are able to perform the normal activities of a person in good health and like age (MD and NC residents: perform the normal activities of a person of like age)
- You and your spouse reside in the United States (except territories), Puerto Rico, in Canada (excluding Quebec).* Each unmarried, dependent child from age 14 days through 22 years (24 for full-time students) may also be insured for $10,000.
*Please refer to plan brochure for complete details, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations, and exclusions. Certain state eligibility restrictions apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this plan underwritten by?
The ASCE 20-Year Level Term Life Insurance Plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, under Group Policy No. G-29253-0, on Policy Form G-29253-0/GMR-FACE.
How much life insurance do I need? Some insurance experts suggest that you purchase life insurance equal to seven to ten times your current income. In addition, you should consider how much your dependents will need to maintain their lifestyle.
Who is eligible for this insurance?
ASCE members and their lawful spouses under age 55 may apply. Also, all unmarried dependent children ages 14 days through 22 years (24 if a full-time student). In order to become insured, satisfactory evidence of insurability must be provided and the required premium must be paid. A dependent who is also an ASCE member is eligible for either member or dependent coverage, but not both. If both member and spouse are covered as members, neither may insure the other as spouse and only one may insure any eligible children.
How much insurance can I request?
- Members—$100,000 to $2,000,000 in $10,000 multiples.
- Spouse—$100,000 to $2,000,000 in $10,000 multiples.
- Child(ren)—$10,000 per child.
Note: The total amount of coverage an individual may request under all group life insurance plans underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company may not exceed $2,000,000.
Are any discounts available?
Two discounts may be available:
- Volume Discount—If you or your spouse becomes insured for coverage amounts of $250,000 through $490,000, you'll receive a volume discount; and for amounts of $500,000 through $2,000,000 of coverage, you'll receive an even bigger discount.
- You May Pay Less If You're a Qualified Nonsmoker—Nonsmokers meeting the highest underwriting standards may qualify for the "Preferred" (the Plan's best) rates. Other nonsmokers may qualify for "Select" (higher, but still very competitive) or "Standard" (the Plan's highest) rates.
New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life) is a leader in the association group insurance field, providing life and health insurance plans for associations. The company has an enduring commitment to its customers' financial security. Regardless of the state of the economy or the stock market, New York Life bases its financial decisions on the guiding principle of serving its clients. New York Life has received the highest ratings for financial strength currently awarded to any life insurer from the leading independent ratings agencies, including A.M. Best (A++), Fitch Ratings (AAA), Standard and Poor's (AA+), and Moody's Investor Services (Aaa). Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Reports (as of 8/1/17).
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada. However, not all group plans it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. Please check the Plan details sections for current availability.
New York Life
State of Domicile: New York
NAIC ID #66915
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010 USA